Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

NCAA Divisions

We did some research on the NCAA Divisions including the differences, similarities, and their philosophies as well as the importance of amateurism in the NCAA. It is very important for the athletes to maintain amateurism because it allows them to focus on not just sports but also their academics.  Each of the divisions’ philosophies are mostly based around keeping school a priority but also enjoy and play sports. Division I has much more of a focus on sports than the others. The differences include Division I putting much more money towards sports, Division I also gives more sports scholarships, Division III tries to minimize academic and athletic conflicts, Division III has the largest number of schools then Division I then Division II. The similarities include that all divisions give out athletic scholarships and they all focus on academics. This information and more can all be found on the NCAA website.

Julianna O’Flaherty  

No comments:

Post a Comment